Design trends come and go – and one trend that has really made a resurgence is wall panelling.
Wall panelling is a design detail that can be referenced back throughout history – from French interior design in the late 17th century through to the plywood panelling made popular in the 1970s.
But whatever the era, wall panelling has always served as a striking decorative feature that adds an element of interest and sophistication to whatever space you might find it.
These days, homeowners are turning to wall panelling to recreate the wall panelling found in traditional Australian Federation or Californian Bungalow homes, to create the popular Hamptons style or a mid-century modern look.
So, whether you are trying to complete a traditional or a contemporary interior using wall panelling, Hamlan’s Style Studio team recommend Surround by Laminex™ as the absolute go-to product.
Introducing Surround by Laminex™
Surround by Laminex™ is a modern range of ready-made, decorative wall panels – this means they are easy to install and their range of profiles allow you to handpick the perfect product for your project.
Surround is perfect for high-traffic areas for the home, such as hallways and kitchens. The durable panels are made from Australian-made density fibreboard – an impact-resistant timber product – which according to Laminex™ is sourced from the best available, environmentally friendly timbers.
The other fantastic thing about the Surround product is they are easy to install with a tongue and groove system that allows a superior fit. The panels are also pre-primed, so it’s just a matter of choosing your colour and applying it straight to the panels!
Choose your look
Surround by Laminex™ comes in both traditional and contemporary profiles with endless options to explore. Surround panels can be perfect to create a full length feature wall, a partial height feature wall or a rebated partial height feature wall – ideal when trying to create a bedhead or shelving ledge. A rebated partial height feature wall is also a great option to create a texture under your kitchen benchtop.
And to create a really unique look a split profile feature wall featuring two Surround profiles together is a great option.
Choose your profile
Surround by Laminex™ has two ranges – the Contemporary Range and the Classic Range.
The Contemporary Range consists of:
- Batten 100: Laminex’s modern take on a classic timber panelling. This panel is defined by 94mm boards separated by deep, straight-edged grooves.
- Batten 25: Described by Laminex as “a statement design showcasing narrow boards presented in a graphic, tight formation”, this panel features defined 19mm edges separated by deeper routing.
- Scallop 45: Laminex describes this panel as “a stylish scalloped design characterised by wide, softly undulating curves”. Each scallop curves is 45mm in width and perfect for a feature wall for a soft-on-the-eye look.
- Scallop 22.5: Just like the Scallop 45 but offering curves in 22.5mm widths for a slightly more bold look.
- Demi Round 40: Laminex says this panel can “soften interior surfaces”. According to Laminex, the Demi Round 40 is particularly conducive to half-wall application when finished with a dado rail, enabling the 12mm deep profile to double as a decorative edge.
- Demi Round 20: A more subtle take on the Demi Round profile, Laminex says, “the repetition of gently-rounded edges adds interest and warmth to an interior space, without overpowering the wider scheme”.
The Classic Range consists of:
- Classic VJ 100: Perfect for period homes – but also for modern homes – this is a classic tongue and groove panelling. The panel consists of linear 100mm boards separated by vertical joins (VJ).
- Heritage 150: Laminex describes this as “an update on traditional timber panelling featuring wider boards defined by understated, curving joints.”
“A classic profile which can be used in heritage settings or styled to create a contemporary feel with a nod to tradition,” Laminex says.
If you love the look of interior wall panelling, Hamlan’s Style Studio team say you must check out Surround by Laminex™.
Surround by Laminex™ is a modern range of ready-made, decorative wall panels – that are easy to install and pre-primed ready for painting.
The panels are perfect for high-traffic areas for the home, such as hallways and kitchens as they are made of durable Australian-made density fibreboard – an impact-resistant timber product – which according to Laminex™ is sourced from the best available, environmentally friendly timbers.
Coming in both traditional and contemporary profiles there are endless options to explore – whether you want a full length feature wall, a partial height feature wall or a rebated partial height feature wall – ideal when trying to create a bedhead or shelving ledge. A rebated partial height feature wall is also a great option to create a texture under your kitchen benchtop.
There are two profile ranges – the Contemporary Range and the Classic Range, which consist of classic timber panelling styles as well as scallop and curve edged grooves.
Every Hamlan client will visit our Style Studio where they can experience expert advice from our interior design team on all the latest products and trends. Hamlan’s team is here to make your dream home become a reality!